Prabal Gurung : Spring 2013



The invitation for Prabal Gurung's fashion show was one I had hoped to get.  It was a HOT ticket and I have more than a curious desire to see the fashionable and fabulous during fashion week.

Long story short, I knew a boy who drew magnificent, extravagant outfits in his journals.  They were fanciful and meticulous.  I said, "He's going to do wonderful things one day!"  Fast forward ~ Tyler Rose met Prabal Gurung when they both worked at Bill Blass.  Tyler is the creative director at Prabal Gurung.  The little boy I knew grew into a successful, recognized talent on the fashion radar of every editor (and first lady) and "it" girl alike.
It was fun and funny to see the paparazzi swarming after the celebs in the front row (Kate Bosworth, Alison Williams, Andy Cohen).  I was more interested in the editors across the aisle.




The inspiration for the show came from the work of artist Anish Kapoor.  Most notably, the red, silver, and black color scheme that predominated.  The collection had undertones of a Southern Asian woman's  dress; specifically the kurta.  Kapoor is Indian and Gurung is from Nepal, so they are kindred spirits and share a deep sense of similar homelands while living abroad.

























The leather, lace, embroidery, sheer panels, skeletal prints, and feathers created an interesting tension.





















They wanted a dark, moody venue, and they got it.  Hence, my pictures don't do the clothes justice.  I loved how the designs were edgy while they simultaneously remained polished.  I would wear almost any of these pieces, especially the sheer, asymmetrical tops.  They are key updating pieces and I love the layered effect they create.  I'll take one please!







Tyler Rose and his mom Faye.  You go Tyler!  (I hope I didn't embarrass you). You are most certainly the man behind the man!






The verdict: Red carpet ready. It's no wonder that Gurung is such a hit in Hollywood. His flair for creating entrance-making clothes is unmatched among his American peers.
                                                                                 ~ Booth Moore, LA Times



Ph: Monica Feudi and me

You have read this article Fashion / Fashion week / Prabal Gurung / spring 2013 / Tyler Rose with the title Prabal Gurung : Spring 2013. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2012/09/prabal-gurung-spring-2013.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Prabal Gurung : Spring 2013"

Post a Comment