A Little Birthday Affirmation


"When you're always trying to conform to the norm, you lose your uniqueness, which can be the foundation for your greatness" ~ anon



Here I sit pondering where the hell the year went.  I know we all say, the years go so fast, but literally, this year went by at record speed.  Last year, being a monumental birthday, has left me philosophical and nostalgic.  I'll be honest with you, I'm a little afraid of aging, but there's nothing to do but look to those who have gone before with style and grace.  My new favorite blog is Advanced Style.  These ladies make aging elegant.  When my joints are less forgiving, my back bent over with signs of old age, and my hands crippled from arthritis ~ I'm still gonna dress like a million bucks and put on some lipstick!  (Was that too grim?)




I'm still going to view things with child-like wonder and be attracted to shiny things




I will continue to take risks and seek out adventure.





What I will NOT do is embrace my frizzy hair




See color in the black and white




Continue to LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH with friends and family.
Finding a sense of humor in things is my key to coping with "life's difficulties"




I struggle to be able to see things with a glass-half-full attitude, but everything is a work in progress, as I still am, as my creative mind is, as my (hopefully long) life will continue to be.





I am going to look to Iris Apfel as my new role model.  The woman at 90 is a muse and a cover girl.  She knows how to roll with style, grace and an "I don't give a damn" attitude.  Happy Birthday to me!






What’s your advice to getting older gracefully?
Iris Apfel: Well just be yourself. I think Chanel said, “Nothing makes a woman look old than a woman trying to look young.” Dress appropriately, and do your makeup appropriately, and be yourself, and you can look very chic. You can look beautiful at any age.




"SURROUND YOURSELF ONLY WITH PEOPLE WHO LIFT YOU HIGHER!" ~ Oprah




Black and white photos:Pinterest
You have read this article birthday / positive affirmations with the title A Little Birthday Affirmation. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-little-birthday-affirmation.html. Thanks!

No comment for "A Little Birthday Affirmation"

Post a Comment