Greens Under Glass

Zoe Bios

The art of the terrarium seems to be an ongoing trend that I starting noticing is picking up speed.  At the New York Gift Show many vendors had their own versions ~





I used to make very elaborate ones as a kid, then I put newts and turtles in them.  I know, hard to believe, right?  I'm inspired, I think I'll pull out my glass containers and look for my gardening gloves.




Hanging or tabletop, simple or elaborate, I love that they are like a little world unto themselves.  They are especially perfect in winter for a little "life" in an otherwise drab part of the house.  Add sand, crystal, wood or shells; whatever your heart desires.  There is no right or wrong!










via Apartment Therapy













While this is a great DIY project, some terrariums and terrarium makers have elevated it to high art.  Hand blown glass vessels and unusual materials can mesmerize.


Litill
Paula Hayes takes terrarium making to new heights.
Her beautiful, living creations grace museums and galleries. 












Terrarium making must be trending. This just arrived in my inbox ~
Atlas Industries along with Lindsey Taylor  just received the Wallpaper 2012 design award for theirs.

It's a modern interpretation of the old fashioned Victorian Wardian case.


photo: Meredith Heuer


Grab some:
 river rocks, charcoal, potting soil and plants, sprinkle that with a little creativity and your on your way.



ph: 3 & 9 via spade & Spatula
You have read this article gift show / Paula Hayes / Terrariums with the title Greens Under Glass. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2012/02/greens-under-glass.html. Thanks!

2 comment for "Greens Under Glass"

  1. Thank you, I have recently been searching for information about this topic for ages and yours is the best I have discovered so far.direct office solution

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the post. Get ready for yoga, cucumber slices and mud baths! The sims 4 skill cheats spa day is now available for playsation4

    ReplyDelete