Apthorp ~ A Study in Restraint (with a twist)


I stand corrected.  I was wrong, par-donne, mi dispiace, förlåt!
I have been known to say that I don't need to see one more light fixture made from paper plates or a   cocktail table made out of a door.  Imagine my surprise when I walked into the magnificent sample apartment at the ultra exclusive, landmark building:  Apthorp.  There in the middle of this elegant, swanky apartment hung a giant, biomorphic looking light fixture.  I commented on how interesting I thought it was and the rental agent said, "It's made from paper plates."  I said "No way" and ran for a better view.





Bravo, Stephen Sills, the designer of this sample apartment.  It is elegant and understated with it's grey and lilac tones subtly changing color in the shifting light.












Model 6M is a 2 bedrm, 2.5 bath, 1,838 sq. ft. beauty.  It can be yours for a mere $3,950,000.00

God dammit ~ Now, where's my stapler?

ph: The Apthorp, CLI
You have read this article Apthorp / NY / Stephen Sills with the title Apthorp ~ A Study in Restraint (with a twist). You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2012/02/apthorp-study-in-restraint-with-twist.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Apthorp ~ A Study in Restraint (with a twist)"

Post a Comment