A Classic French pied-à-terre

That was a longer and unexpected weekend than anticipated, but it felt soo good!  After spending a great time with family in thanksgiving I shielded myself home from frenzied Black Friday.  So afraid even to stick my head out of the window.  Then on Sunday the perfect and wonderful weather pulled me out and went with my hubby and our little one for a delicious sandwich at Murray's Cheese, that we enjoyed at the corner park with church bells ringing in the background- it was pretty simple but magical.
Then last night while sitting in my living room and imploring God for some inspirations to blog about, I came across this pied-à-terre in Tolouse, France that belongs to the Architects Daniel Suduca and Thierry Merillou, the owners of Galerie Saint Jacques.  The apartment which they reconfigured to make more open and fluid, is filled with 20th Century furniture by different and amazing designers.  This home is a harmonious marriage between the classic and the personal. 
As I like to emphasize, I love a home full with Architectural furniture that makes it unique and out of the ordinary. 
 
Jean Prouve chair and table juxtaposed a Louis XVI arm chair covered in chintz.  The carpet is by Lalanne.
The Ashanti bench in the living room seems to be waiting for someone to sit on it.
 A Gio Ponti Chest of Drawers in the bedroom where the walls are lined in dark brown fabric.
 A Lalanne sheep sculpture next to a absolutely beautiful chair.
 I'd like to marry this bathroom. 
photograph by Manolo Yllera
You have read this article ashanti bench / Daniel Suduca / Francois-Xavier Lalanne / french style / Galerie Saint Jacques / Gio Ponti / Paris abodes / Thierry Merillou with the title A Classic French pied-à-terre. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2011/11/a-classic-french-pied-terre.html. Thanks!

No comment for "A Classic French pied-à-terre"

Post a Comment