L'Object of My Affection



L'Object pour Fortuny is a new tabletop collection years in the making.  Elad Yifrach, president of L'Object collaborated with the house of Fortuny.  Elad poured over the archival fabrics for inspiration and to see which patterns would best translate into tabletop.




The rich fabrics and beautiful designs are at once old world and contemporary.  Renaissance designer Mariano Fortuny created fashion, fabrics and lighting.  He was a sculptor, photographer, and painter who started out as a set designer.



These opulent fabrics have always made my heart beat a little faster!  The designs have translated magnificently.  The 7th floor of Bergdorf Goodman is a Fortuny treasure trove of delights.  The collection will arrive in selected Neiman Marcus stores as well.



“We are really excited to see our fabrics and patterns expressed in a different medium, inspiring a new collection of timeless pieces,” said Mickey Riad, co-owner with Maury Riad, of Fortuny. “Seeing our patterns take on a new life through this collaboration with L’Objet is such a pleasure.”

photo source













I expect under the direction of the Riad brothers and collaborations with notable designers, including one of my favorites, Barry Dixon ~ we will be seeing Fortuny fabrics showing up in fresh and inspiring new ways.



I can't mention Fortuny without pointing out Mariano designed my favorite fixture.


source

If I light this candle and close my eyes, I can almost imagine myself transported to the Fortuny palazzo in Venice; ALMOST.





Fortuny fabric browser, yep, there's an app for that too!!   I have been saying that a lot lately, haven't I?They also have a nice blog with a pithy title; How High is the Water





all photos, Fortuny unless otherwise noted
You have read this article Fortuny / L' Object with the title L'Object of My Affection. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2011/10/l-of-my-affection.html. Thanks!

No comment for "L'Object of My Affection"

Post a Comment