Mid-century Italian pottery

While visiting Columbus, OH a couple of weeks ago I came across my newest obsession: Mid-Century Italian pottery.  I purchased these two pieces (above) and I am so happy with them.  I didn't know much about Mid-century Italian ceramic when I got them but it has for sure awakened my interest in knowing more.  All I know is that they are hand-thrown, embossed, painted and then glazed.  Each piece of ceramic can be as diverse as Italian pasta sauce can be, having that Global-Chic look I so much love, I think I found a reason to start a new collection.
Gambono Style mid-century horse in gilded Italian pottery available here.
this piece of glam is available here.
 These set of stripped Raymor Era ceramic vases are available here
Whimsical pair of table lamps, here.
This entire collection, designed by Aldo Londi in the 1950's for Bitossi has been re-produced and is available here.  Below, two homes featuring Mid-century Italian pottery and plates.
You have read this article Aldo Londi / Bitossi / Italian ceramic / Mid-century Italian pottery with the title Mid-century Italian pottery. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2011/08/mid-century-italian-pottery.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Mid-century Italian pottery"

Post a Comment