Love...& What I call "semi-customization"

I honestly don't know when I'm going to be able to really enjoy my weekend like any decent person should. To get to read the NYT Weekender on the day I actually receive it, relax and just go out for brunch or walks and not rush to the hardware store would be ideal. Considering the fact that weekends are the only days I can dedicate to my house, I think it's going to take a while. I have a little project to share with you and it falls under the category I call "semi customization." I purchased this table for $100 for my entrance at an antique store in my neighborhood. It wasn't the exact size I wanted but I liked the architectural details of it, so I paid $40 to make it the right size and then took it to a glass shop, usually if they make glass they can make mirror if you order it. Because it was not a specialized mirror place they only charged $150 to cover the entire surface. I decided to cover the bottom with reflective paper instead of mirror so it would not reflect the wood underneath the table. That wouldn't be nice...Finally I covered the ball feet with gold leaves to add contrast.
Now I have to rush to take care of myself, I have a date with Placido Domingo tonight, well and with a few more members of the audience. After that we'll talk about his most recent trip to Munich over a few good drinks.
I hope you have a full of love Valentine's Day!



images by Julie for Belle Vivir
You have read this article semi customization / snippets of my home with the title Love...& What I call "semi-customization". You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2011/02/love-what-i-call.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Love...& What I call "semi-customization""

Post a Comment