Eye Candy Everywhere!

I have long known about Joel Chen.  He's a little bit of a legend in the design business.  When I was making plans to go LA, the JF Chen showroom was a "must see" on my list of things to do.  Joel travels the globe filling his showroom with virtually EVERYTHING!  His collections span centuries.  I was completely overwhelmed.

 

Like a kid in a candy store, I swooned over everything, asking question after question.  Top designers like Kelly Wearstler and Michael S. Smith to celebrities and prop stylists stop by JF Chen for a WOW piece or a bit of inspiration.  I understand many of the props that fill the Ralph Lauren stores come from here.  

                                                

I wanted that inlaid box, but Richard Hallberg (who is quickly becoming a favorite designer of mine) got to it first.






There is a heavy accent on mid century modern there, which makes sense in LA and now I know who to call when I am scouting for a piece.  They kept reassuring me that they are only a phone call away.


I died over the faux bois and real 18th C. Chinese root planters as well as the ikat covered chairs.  In some cases you can't tell the authentic antiques from the reproductions.







These are the pieces I want for a client:

                                              

A gorgeous antiqued mirror side table


White murano glass wall pockets.  We'll see about the smaller accessories when we get a little further along, but I have lots of ideas!



Thank you Mr. Chen for the enjoyable afternoon and your graciousness ~ I'll be back!





photos:CLI
You have read this article JF Chen / LA / resources / showrooms with the title Eye Candy Everywhere!. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2011/01/eye-candy-everywhere.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Eye Candy Everywhere!"

Post a Comment