The Other Face of Hudson NY


On Sunday morning we woke up and decided to head up north to Hudson, New York. This historic town, set in the Catskills, is well known for its many antique shops. My hubby, our little one and I were on a mission to visit as many of the 60 plus stores all located along Warren Street. Little did I know that was far from being accomplished. We arrived at noon and immediately started our stroll along the very famous street with great determination. By five, when most of the shops were closing for the day, we had only visited about 20 of them. I had heard so many great things about the antiques and collector items you could find in this delightful town but I wasn't prepared to find many stores that specialized in modern mid-century pieces. Moderne, and Mark Frisman are some of the few stores carrying fantastic mid-century pieces (see pictures below). Unfortunately I couldn't get to visit the rest of the modern furniture specialized stores, but that is a perfect reason to go back.

This John Stewart wood carved coffee table is worth the 2 hour drive.

I think this Dorothy Draper Viennese Collection Cabinet would look stunning in any bedroom. I couldn't go to Hudson without stopping at one of the most popular stores on this street: Foley & Cox, which was one of the most charming stores I entered. It's sophisticated and harmonious. I fell madly in love with these Low Nap Chairs (below) the moment I saw them. I would've bought them at the spot and ended my search for a sitting piece for my master bedroom; only if the price tag was under $2,400.

This Napoleon III sofa is just what the doctor ordered, also at Foley & Cox.
You have read this article Dorothy Draper / furniture / mid century with the title The Other Face of Hudson NY. You can bookmark this page URL http://ourpicturewindow.blogspot.com/2009/09/the-other-face-of-hudson-ny.html. Thanks!

No comment for "The Other Face of Hudson NY"

Post a Comment